May 29, 2008

Savoy Lead

As promised, I have transcribed that blues lead for everyone and as I mentioned before you should definitely play around with the notes. In other words, you should make it your own. If you haven't checked out the first lesson, Savoy Brown Style Blues, you'll definitely want to take a look at that one first.

Below is a video of the lead and below that is the lead itself, transcribed. I told you that I would play the lead as it was written, but then improvise over top of those same notes.

Well, I did both of those things, but I had to laugh when I saw the video. Its definitely not my best work. It is really difficult to do your own camera work, cue up a track, try to come in perfectly and stay focused.

Also, the way that I learned to improvise was just by poppin' in some albums and jamming. I jammed to Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Santana, Celtic music, Hip Hop, Brian Setzer, anything Metal and a good mix of world music.

I wasn't attempting to pat myself on the back there, though I did feel something snap. I was just trying to point out a great way to develop your ear and reflexes. Anyways, hope you find this useful. Have a great day/evening/night!








Click To Enlarge

 
Guitar Goodies:::: Guitar Sites ::::Site Map:::: Privacy