Jun 26, 2008

How To Play Cemetery Gates

In this post I'll show you how to play a really great song by the infamous band Pantera. I know, I know, many of you are probably vomiting right now, but this song fits nicely within some of the other lessons that I have posted. Also, before you click away, if you're that person who thinks metal is revolting, you should at least check out the opening passage, because if you ARE that guy, then chances are you like to sit by yourself, sipping on a good Tawney Port, listening to James Taylor, while crying.

Minus the James Taylor part, I can totally relate - ok, not really, but still, check this out.

It really is a well constructed song. The opening is clean and very warm, using a great chord progression that involves F#min7, Bsus4 and Bsus2add11.

After that, things pick up a bit and I'll explain in great detail in the video.

One more thing, find the song on youtube if you don't have a copy of it, listen to it to figure out how many times each part is played, since I can't very well express that in this post.





Click To Enlarge

 
Guitar Goodies:::: Guitar Sites ::::Site Map:::: Privacy